May 14, 2008

The Monkey's Paw.

One of my most favourite books of all time is Lawrence Weschler's Mr. Wilson's Cabinet of Wonders (I actually adore all of his writing). So I am naturally in adoration of a tiny shop on Dundas West called The Monkey's Paw. By its own description, the store is "Toronto's most idiosyncratic secondhand bookshop, specializing in uncommon scholarly and out-of-print books; ephemera and images; manual typewriters; biological specimens."

And now they've got a blog, showcasing their newest wares with very funny commentary. Here are some of my favourite 'new' books:







From the top: Guidance and Control of Spacecraft (1966), Attempt at a Theory of Synthesist Plastic Expression (1963) and YOU MUST RELAX by Edmund Jacobson (1942). I am being totally sincere when I say that I think I need the last one. And maybe the first one.


1 comment:

J. said...

You definitely need the first book... I love you, Shira, but you are a TERRIBLE spacecraft driver. Every time I get in your spacecraft with you I feel I could just die.