July 1, 2010

Lune de Miel!

I thought I should probably share some pictures that we took on our trip to France. I took a ton of photos on my sweet Diana, but it seems like it may be time for a new Diana - I think her lens is shot.

We started off in Paris for a few days. We stayed in a lovely little apartment near the Bastille, just a quick walk to the Marais. This was the view from the apartment - not bad, hey?

We ate at the Bistrot Paul Bert on our first evening, which was a recommendation from a chef friend. The white asparagus were delicious and HUGE, and I couldn't complain about the dessert:

We were serenaded by this guy outside of our apartment one evening - a one-man band.


We spent some time driving through the Loire and visited Chenonceaux, thereby fulfilling a childhood dream of mine. We got there early enough on a Monday that we nearly had the place to ourselves.


We ran through the maze, toured the chateau and I enjoyed wandering through the flower gardens.


Dinner in the Loire valley. That's some serious bacon in that salad. Following the salad, I ordered the "special" sausage for dinner. Our server said that she liked it and that it was very "strong". It was tripe. I tried to be open minded but did not succeed.


Our home-base in the South: Hyeres. Quiet and beautiful. We spent a day exploring and ended up at the 12th century castle that overlooks the town. No one else was there.


A dinner of mussels & chorizo in the town square.


We took a day trip to the beautiful Ile de Porquerolles, about a 20 minute boat ride from the coast of Hyeres. This is me in my swimmie:


A drive through the Riviera ended with dinner in Menton:


A brief stop at the beach in Eze:


A wonderful day in Aix-en-Provence, which is still a favourite town of mine. We stumbled across a strange little museum.


It was market day, and we strolled through the flower market (heaven!)...


...the fruit and vegetable market...



...and the meat & fish market.


Our day ended with a truly excellent dinner at the Bistrot des Philosophes.




We spent a few days wandering through the tiny, picturesque towns in Provence before heading back to Paris for another day.


Also, I may have purchased a few things. I'll photograph them and show you later. Promise.

No comments: