April 12, 2009

Things for tiny people.

I've been busy this Easter weekend buying and making gifts for friends who are expecting or who have little ones. My favourite 2-year old's birthday is coming up in 2 weeks, and I wanted to find her a few practical things as well as something little and wonderful. I found this tiny mouse, who makes her bed in a wooden matchbox. Eeee!

She comes with a little mattress, pillow and knitted blanket. Handmade in Denmark by Maileg, and purchased in Toronto at Kolkid. I would have loved this little thing as a child. I still love toys that have their own little accessories.

Maileg makes other wonderful (and expensive) toys, like their Brothers & Sisters collection of rabbits. My favourite are the swimming rabbits:

Water-wings.

I also spent the better part of yesterday making a baby bag for one of my sweetest friends who is having a little girl this summer. I used striped & sturdy fabric from Ikea, made outside pockets on the front of the bag for little things (like this bear rattle with a hoodie) and tried my hand at embroidery for the first time. Not bad, hey?

There are tons of projects to finish. I'm going to try my hardest to finish a dress I started and then got stuck on and then put aside and looked at longingly for a few weeks. It's made of Nani Iro Fuccra fabric which I love love love.

Isn't it beautiful?
Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: