July 31, 2009

I finally found some cheap seahorses.

It's been a busy few weeks here: more fresh babies being born, more planning & preparation for projects. (By the way, if you're in Toronto next week, I'm doing a weird little performance piece for the SummerWorks Performance Gallery at the Gladstone. August 6 - 9, 7-9pm, PWYC. Beer.)

And so I've been really behind on posting about the pretty things I've found this summer. Including these seahorse earrings I picked up for $23. Hooray for deals! Apparently, they're made by Giles and Brother. I found them at the Holt Renfrew Last Call, which is heavenly to me. Seriously. I get heart palpitations when I go in there. It's the only place I can go to where I can fondle designer dresses and not feel like I'm being watched by sales staff. 


(Some of you may already know that I have much affection for the seahorse, so this find is especially pleasing to me.)

I'm also ready to let go of tons of clothing that just isn't right for me anymore, but the consignment store I used to go to closed down about a year ago, and the ones I'm aware of only accept reeeeely fancy clothes. Does anyone know of a good consignment shop in the city? Or a great clothing swap/give-away happening soon? Thanks!

Happy long weekend, fellow Canadians. Happy weekend, everyone else!

No comments: